A G E N D A for Friday, October 19, 2001
TIME: 1:10 p.m.
PLACE: Multipurpose Room, Rutgers Student Center, 126 College Avenue, New Brunswick
NOTE: Senators are asked to
print out and bring to the meeting the agenda and any linked supporting
documents on which action or discussion will take place. Thank you
CALL TO ORDER, DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM, AND CHAIRPERSON’S REPORT
- Kathleen Scott, Chairperson
REPORT OF THE SECRETARY
· Approval of Agenda* (including time limits)
· Approval of Minutes of September 21, 2001
· September 14, 2001 Memorandum from President Francis L. Lawrence responding to Senate resolution in support of full health benefits for same sex partners of Rutgers employees and retirees [http://senate.rutgers.edu/fllssdp2.html]ADMINISTRATIVE REPORT - President Francis L. Lawrence
· Undated letter from Harriet Alonso, Associate Dean and Director, Center for Worker Education, City College of New York, acknowledging and expressing thanks for the Senate's resolution of support following the September 11 terrorist events [http://senate.rutgers.edu/alonso.html]
· October 3, 2001 E-mail from Raphael Caprio, Vice President of Continuous Education and Outreach, to Kathy Scott transmitting Revised CAPS Proposal (Revised 10/1/01) [http://senate.rutgers.edu/caps1001.pdf] and CAPS Advisory Committee Interim Report [http://senate.rutgers.edu/capsrep2.pdf].
· Presentation on Rutgers Capital Campaign - Professor Clement Price, University Chair of the Campaign
OPEN FORUM DISCUSSION ON PROPOSAL TO ESTABLISH RUTGERS UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF APPLIED AND PROFESSIONAL STUDIES (CAPS). Please note that this item is docketed for discussion only. It is not an action item at this time. In order to promote informed discussion during the open forum, we ask that you please familiarize yourself with the Proposal and Report before the meeting.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE - Samuel Rabinowitz, Vice Chairperson
· September 7, 2001 minutes
· Report on meeting of October 5, 2001
· Questions and Answers: 5 minutes
REPORT OF THE REPRESENTATIVES TO BOARDS OF GOVERNORS AND TRUSTEES
CAMPUS FACULTY LIAISONS