Rutgers University Senate
December 9, 2011
Rutgers Student Center, College Avenue Campus, New Brunswick
The Senate's activities for December 9, 2011 will consist of committee meetings and caucuses only. The full Senate will not meet. Please
attend your committee meetings. The Senate's success is highly
dependent on all Senators' levels of participation in their committees'
work. If you have not been involved in your committee, this
committee-focused Senate day is an excellent opportunity to become
COMMITTEE SCHEDULES: Committees
will convene at 10:00 a.m. (unless you have been emailed by your
committee chair that your committee will begin at a different time) in
the Rutgers Student Center (RSC), College Avenue Campus, in the rooms
indicated below. Committee chairs will call for a lunch recess at an
appropriate point during the meeting, and should let you know what time
to return to continue the committee discussions. At 2:00 p.m., caucuses
will begin (rooms also indicated below).
CAUCUSES: Faculty and Student
Caucuses will be held in the Rutgers Student Center Multipurpose Room
(MPR) instead of the usual caucus rooms. The MPR will be divided to
accommodate these two caucuses. If your committee adjourns before 2:00
p.m., please feel free to join other students or faculty in the
Multipurpose Room to discuss any issues of mutual interest until your
caucus begins officially at 2:00. Staff and alumni whose committees
adjourn before 2:00 are invited to gather in MPR Room 407 until your
caucuses begin in the rooms indicated below.
COFFEE will be available in
Room 407 throughout the morning. Because the Budget and Finance
Committee meets on the lower level of the RSC, separate coffee service
will be provided in that room for the BFC members.
ISSUES FOR DISCUSSION: Specific, pending charges currently in the committees are listed online at http://senate.rutgers.edu/pendchgs.html.
If you haven't already done so, please familiarize yourself with the
charges in your committee before Friday. Also, the committees'
standing charges are online at http://senate.rutgers.edu/standchg.html.
Those standing charges should inform discussions as well, particularly
when considering areas and issues that may be explored in the future.
- Academic Standards, Regulations and Admissions - Room 413, Rutgers Student Center
- Budget and Finance Committee - Atrium Conference Room, Rutgers Student Center
- Faculty and Personnel Affairs Committee (begins 10:30 a.m.) - Room 410AB, Rutgers Student Center
- Instruction, Curricula and Advising Committee - University Librarian's Conference Room, 4th Floor, Alexander Library
- Research, and Graduate and Professional Education Committee - Room 402, Rutgers Student Center
- Student Affairs Committee - Room 411ABC, Rutgers Student Center
- University Structure and Governance Committee - Room 454, Rutgers Student Center
- Faculty Caucus - Multipurpose Room A (front section), Rutgers Student Center
- Student Caucus - Multipurpose Room B (rear section), Rutgers Student Center
- Staff Caucus - Room 454, Rutgers Student Center (at 2:00; Room 407 if before 2:00)
- Alumni Caucus - Room 413, Rutgers Student Center (at 2:00; Room 407 if before 2:00)