A G E N D
September 9, 2011 - 1:10
2. Secretary’s Report
4. Standing Committees
- Administrative Report - Richard L. McCormick, University President
Review of Standing Committee Membership/Rosters
Assignment of Committee Chairs:
- Student Affairs Committee: Student
Senator Parth Oza was not reelected to the Senate. Student Senator
Stacey Milliman has not yet responded to emails asking if she would
co-chair the SAC.
- Research, and Graduate and Professional Education Committee:Faculty
Senators who were on the RGPEC last year, and who were suggested as
co-chairs (John Dighton, Cindy Hmelo-Silver, Jan Lewis, John Li), have
all declined. Staff Senator and former RGPEC Co-chair Gayle Stein has
agreed to co-chair this year. This committee still needs a faculty
Review of Currently Pending Charges and Deadlines
5. University Senate Agendas
September 16, 2011 Senate Meeting:
October 14, 2011 Senate Meeting:
- This meeting hosts the President's Annual Address to the Rutgers Community, which is the primary agenda item.
- Dick Edwards will host a reception for newly tenured faculty at the Faculty Caucus.
- Committees to meet, but the Executive Committee does not meet
again before October 14. If committee reports are prepared in time for
the October Senate meeting, should they be circulated to the Executive
Committee by email for possible docketing for Senate action?
- October 14 meeting will be held in New Brunswick. The
November 4 meeting is scheduled for Newark [The Senate will meet
in Camden in February.]
- Election of Newark Student Member of the Executive Committee [There were no eligible nominees for the April election.]
7. New Business