PLEASE NOTE: Although
the University Senate recently approved revisions to its Bylaws which will
affect elections, those revisions will not take effect until acted upon by
Rutgers' Board of Governors.
1. The Nominating Panel shall nominate one or more candidates for each office. At least one nominee for each office must not be a member of the Nominating Panel. There may be additional nominations from the floor.
2. Nominate the following:
4. In preparing the slate, the Nominating Panel shall consult with the Secretary of the Senate, who will serve as a nonvoting, ex officio member of the panel.
5. The report of the panel shall be circulated to
members of the Senate-elect at least ten days before a special meeting of
the Senate-elect to be held in April for the purpose of electing officers.
TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE POSITIONS:
Use the nomination form which was
mailed to you by the Senate office, or contact the Senate office for a form.
Or just mail or e-mail the following information to the Senate office:
1. Your name and the unit you represent in the Senate
2. Whether you are a student, faculty, alumni or administrator Senator
3. The NAME of the person you are nominating
4. The POSITION for which you are nominating that person
5. Whether your NOMINEE is student, faculty, or alumnus/a
6. The reason(s) you believe this nominee should be elected to the position