Standing Charge: This Committee shall have primary responsibility for matters directly related to academic standards, regulations and admissions. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To formulate minimum standards of admission, scholarship and honors and review broad educational and research policies of the University as they apply to issues related to academic standards and admissions (University Regulations 2.2.2).
- To study issues affecting the Academic Calendar, including receiving comment from all sectors of the University community concerning the Academic Calendar, offering recommendations for the University Academic Calendar to the University Senate for action, monitoring unit departures from the University Academic Calendar, reviewing matters concerning the University Commencement, and making recommendations, as needed.
- To formulate policies on academic issues related to athletic programs and student athletes.
- To consider university-wide issues related to recruitment, retention, publications, financial aid, and minority student interests.
- To review university-wide regulations governing academic practices and standards, including grading.
- To advise administrative officers and others, through the Senate, on questions relating to actual, possible or alleged discrimination as they affect Rutgers students, faculty and staff, or Rutgers’ responsibility to the public.