Standing Charge: This Committee shall have primary responsibility for issues directly related to instructional matters, curricula
and advising. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To review the broad educational and research policies of the University related to instruction, curricula and advising.
- To review agreements and formal relationships with other institutions, particularly as they relate to the educational mission of the university.
- To review educational policies related to different times, places, and manners of instruction, including distance learning and use of technology.
- To make recommendations to the Senate concerning advice to the Central Administration about meetings, forums, and conferences on major issues in educational policy and public service.
- To examine and evaluate University-wide operations such as the Libraries and Computer Services.
- To consider matters related to the use of technology in education and the use of distance learning technologies.
- To advise administrative officers and others, through the Senate, on questions relating to actual, possible or alleged discrimination as they affect Rutgers students, faculty and staff, or Rutgers’ responsibility to the public.