Standing Charge: This Committee shall have primary responsibility for matters directly related to research, graduate and professional education, and the students and faculty affiliated with such programs. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To provide feedback and input to the Senate on both graduate and professional education, and on research.
- To provide feedback to Rutgers’ central administration on University policies and practices that affect graduate and professional students.
- To evaluate and recommend policies concerning both internal funding for research and the conditions under which external research funds are solicited, accepted, and administered.
- To consider intellectual authorship, copyright, trademark, and patent policies of the University.
- To review the broad educational and research policies of the University related to graduate and professional instruction, curricula, and advising.
- To review educational policies related to times, places, and manners of graduate or professional instruction, including distance learning and the use of technology.
- To review and advise Rutgers’ president on the termination or suspension of graduate and professional academic programs.
- To address, in conjunction with the Faculty and Personnel Affairs Committee, issues that specifically deal with graduate faculty and research staff.
- To address issues related to workplace climate and working conditions in the University as they concern researchers and graduate and professional students.
- To make recommendations to the Senate concerning advice to the central administration about meetings, forums, and conferences on major issues in educational policy and public service.
- To advise Rutgers’ administrative officers and others, through the Senate, on questions relating to actual, possible or alleged discrimination as they may affect the researchers and graduate and professional students and faculty of Rutgers, or Rutgers’ responsibility to the public.
[Note: The Senior Vice President for Research, and the Associate Vice President for Research Regulatory Affairs shall be asked to serve as an ex officio members of this committee.]